Royal British Legion
The Tywardreath Legion club has now closed as at the end of September 2013
The Legion building was originally an old slaughterhouse and was acquired in the 1930's by several local business men for the use of the village people as a British Legion Club. There is an entry in the Guardian newspaper of 13 August 1931 about a garden fete that was held in the hall of the Legion because of the showery weather, the profit from which went towards helping with the debt for the new hall for the Legion. Further buildings were added during the 1960's.
The first British Legion Club on Fore Street